Monday, May 12, 2008

Transparency = Fidelity

I read a post by Greg Swann that made me think of Web 2.0 from a different angle...
Yes of course web 2.0 has transformed us to a new "globalozed social network" as I'd like to call it, however; this web has been moving intesively towards being commercial... From eBay to Blogs, these spaces are all providing a network of exchanging Data between consumers, whether information or actual objects...
Now, how would one be able to know if he's not being manipulated by the dishonest use of the commercial web?
Well Greg Swann figured a solution for that... I know you're all thinking transparency. Well, yes absolutely but that's the general view of the issue. It's not that easy, I mean if it's like that then any participant on eBay can just say: "Well I'm giving you product X for $Y, and fyi I'm known for my transparency on the web..." It's not about what you say!! It's about what other people think of your products, if we're talking about eBbay. It's about providing links. Links of real that commented on something you did, or for example, thought that the information you provided in a certain post, are coming from reliable sources and should be considered.
Web 2.o consumers are becoming more and more sophisticated as Swann said. Therefore; in order to convince them that you're different then the whole corporate conspiracy that’s attacking them everywhere, you ought to be transparent...

Jana:)

No comments: