Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Web 2.0 like “Swiss Cheese”???


Yeah I know this sounds weird. But I read an article about Web 2.0 and how it’s unreliable. I’m sure you’ve all experienced unexplainable log outs from Facebook or 404’s from YouTube and so on... I’m not trying to discriminate any of these really respectable social networks, but I’m trying to explain that this is a serious problem facing Web 2.0. I’m going to explain this issue in a pretty simple way: Lets say you have a room that fits usually 50 boxes and all the sudden you put a 1000 boxes in it. That’s exactly what companies using Web 2.0 are doing(making it full of wholes/flaws). A huge number of consumers are using the network that even if they have a prepared infrastructure still it won’t be able to deal with such a huge quantity of users. That’s why Facebook borrowed 100 million dollars to backup its servers to be able to handle this kind of mass usage.
I don’t know if they’ll find a final solution for this, cause I think they’ll have to add server farms everyday if the users’ appetite towards Web 2.0 keeps growing at this pace…
Jana:)

No comments: